The contractor for the Heritage Hills subdivision, at the corner of North Division Street and STH 19/113, will be blasting between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 8, 2020.
There will be three air horn signals sounded one minute prior to each blast followed by one prolonged air horn signal after each blast is deemed all clear. On average each blast duration is 500 milliseconds, equivalent to half of a second.
Ground vibration and air blast will be measured by Vibra-Tech with three permanent seismographs located on the West and North side of the subdivision property. All drilling and blasting operations will be conducted in accordance with:
- The Village of Waunakee regulations and permit requirements
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms – 27 CFR 181
- MSHA 30 CFR Part 56 Safety and Health Standards
- MSHA 30 – Subchapter H – Education and Training
- Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services SPS 307.43
Questions or concerns regarding the drilling and blasting process should be directed to:
Olson Explosives, Inc.