Main Street Bounceback Grants Program
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) and other regional partners are helping distribute grant funds that are available as part of the American Recovery Plan Act.
The pandemic took a toll on Wisconsin's small businesses, and the main streets and commercial corridors that housed them. Now it's time to bounce back.
We know it takes a lot to start a new business or open a new space. The WEDC and our regional partners are here to support you because we know that the economic well-being of our state depends on the strength of businesses like yours.
Through the Main Street Bounceback Grants Program, you can get $10,000 to help you get set up in a commercial space. The more empty spaces we can fill with new restaurants, salons, stores, and other businesses, the more people it will bring into our commercial areas and through your doors.
The goal of this grant is to provide financial support to businesses that move into existing vacant commercial properties, helping to create a foundation for long-term success for themselves and their communities.
The Main Street Bounceback Grants program provides $10,000 to new or existing businesses and non-profit organizations moving into vacant properties in Wisconsin’s downtowns and commercial corridors. Funds can be used to pay leases or mortgages, operational expenses, and other business costs related to the newly opened location.
The program is open to new or existing businesses opening a new location or expanding operations in a vacant commercial space as of January 1, 2021. Grant funds are available as part of the American Recovery Plan Act and will be distributed by WEDC’s regional partners. Businesses must apply through the partner organization for the region in which they are located.
Grants are available to for-profit businesses and non-profit organizations meeting the following criteria:
- The business is located within the region administered by the regional partner organization to which it applied.
- The business either is moving into a vacant commercial space or has moved into a vacant commercial space as of January 1, 2021.
- The business can certify that it has not or will not vacate a commercial space in Wisconsin to become eligible to claim this grant.
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Part of a national or regional chain, unless the business is an independently owned and operated franchise.
- A home-based business or property landlord, unless they are moving their business functions into the vacant commercial space.
- Real estate investment firms that intend to hold the property for investment purposes only.
- Engaged in any illegal activity under federal, state or local law.
- Or if they intend to use the space for storage only or residential purposes. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Grant applications are administered, reviewed, approved, and funded by our regional partners. To get the application process going, visit wedc.org/mainstreet-bounceback to reach out to the regional partner serving Dane County. Dane County's regional partner is Jason Fields. His contact information is (608) 571 - 0408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation's vision for Wisconsin's economic well-being check out their website.