Tax Payment Options
Payment Options and Instructions for Payment
Pay by MailTo pay by mail, simply enclose your tax bill with a check payable to the Village of Waunakee. Mail your check to the Waunakee Village Hall, P.O. Box 100, Waunakee, WI, 53597. Please enclose the entire original tax bill and a self-addressed, stamped envelope, if you would like a receipt.
You may also use the drop box to make your tax payment. The drop box is located outside the front doors of the Village Hall. As with mailing, if you would like a receipt, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your payment and the entire original tax bill.
I want a receipt
If you would like a receipt, just remember to enclose the entire original tax bill and a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Other Acceptable Receipts
- Your cancelled check
- Printed receipt from Access Dane (posted online after 1/1/2022) Visit: https://accessdane.countyofdane.com
Paying at Village Hall
You may stop by Village Hall during regular business hours. Bring your entire original tax bill, which will be stamped "paid" with the date of payment.
- Monday Through Friday - 7:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- Friday, December 24, 2021 - 7:00 a.m. to Noon
- Saturday, December 25, 2021 - CLOSED
- Friday, December 31, 2021 - 7:00 a.m. to Noon
- Saturday, January 1, 2022 - CLOSED
Remember, the Village processes all checks electronically. This means when residents submit their payments to the Village, the funds will come out of their accounts more timely. Please make sure when you submit your payment that you have your checks covered so there is not a non-sufficient funds issue. The Village's policy is that any returned item, regardless of the reason, will be charged a fee of $27.50, and the Village will then only accept cash or money order after a returned item is received.
Paying at the State Bank of Cross Plains in Waunakee
The Village has teamed up with the State Bank of Cross Plains - Waunakee Branch, to give residents an additional tax collection site. Only the Waunakee Branch will accept Waunakee property tax payments. No other State Bank of Cross Plains branch is collecting tax payments for Waunakee. Tax payments are only accepted in the lobby.
State Bank of Cross Plains Waunakee Branch Hours
- Monday Through Friday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 24, 2021 - 9:00 a.m. to Noon
- Saturday, December 25, 2021 - CLOSED
- Friday, December 31, 2021 - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 1, 2021 - CLOSED
Residents have the option of paying their real estate taxes online using electronic checks (ACH), credit cards, or debit cards. ACI Payments is the Village's third party provider of this service. Please follow the below instructions to use this service.
- To begin the online payment process click here.
- Enter the amount of your tax bill you wish to pay online and click "continue".
- Review the terms and conditions and the total payment, including the convenience fee. Click "Accept".
a. Debit Card fee = 1.20% of balance, minimum of $1.20 charge
b. E-Check fee = $2.65 for amounts between $1 and $5,000
= $10.50 for amounts greater than $5,000
c. Credit Card fee = 3.15% of balance, minimum of $4.75 charge.
4. Enter the payment information including your 7-digit bill number on your tax bill. Click continue.
5. The ACI Payments system will guide you in completing the payment process.
Overpayments & Refunds
Any tax payments that require a refund will not be processed until the county processes all payments in February. The county has requested that the Village wait until the Village's tax collection period is over to validate all potential refunds. All refunds should be processed by March.
Deadlines for Payment
Real Estate Taxes
Real Estate Property Taxes are payable in full by January 31, or first installment by January 31 with the remaining balance to be paid to the Dane County Treasurer by July 31.
Personal Property Taxes
Make all personal property tax payments at the Village Hall. Payments are due by January 31. Late fees of 1.5% per month will be assessed on all personal property taxes paid after January 31.