State & Federal Business Licenses & Permits

Food Safety and Recreational Licensing

The Food and Recreational Safety Division of the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection regulates the entire food chain, from the agricultural producer to the consumer. That permits a comprehensive approach to food safety issues affecting producers, processors, distributors, retailers, and consumers.

Seller's Permit

The Seller's Permit is required for in, partnerships, corporations, or other organizations making retail sales or rentals of tangible personal property or retail sales of taxable services in Wisconsin from a Wisconsin location, unless the seller is exempt from taxation.

Federal Employee Identification Number

An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also know as a Federal Tax Identification Number, and is used to identify a business entity.

For persons interested in starting a new business, more information is available on the Department of Revenue's "Build Your Business" website.