Register to Vote
All persons wishing to vote in Wisconsin must be registered. To check your Wisconsin Voter Status or to register online, please visit: MyVote.wi.gov
How to Register
Persons wishing to register must:
- Complete the Voter Registration Application and bring or mail it to the Clerk's Office, 500 West Main Street, P.O. Box 100, Waunakee, Wisconsin 53597.
- Supply their Wisconsin Department of Transportation - issued driver's license or identification card number. Persons who have not been issued a Wisconsin Department of Transportation-issued driver's license or identification card number must provide the last 4 digits of their Social Security number.
- Supply proof of residence.
- Not be currently serving a sentence including incarceration, parole, probation, or extended supervision for a felony conviction, and not be otherwise disqualified from voting.
For further information on how to register click here.
If registering by mail, the application must be postmarked no later than the 13th day before an election.
PLEASE NOTE: Any person registering to vote in Wisconsin is required to provide a copy of acceptable proof of residence and must include a current name and address. Acceptable proof of residence includes one of the following:
- A current and valid Wisconsin Department of Transportation - issued driver's license or identification card number
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- An employee ID card with a photograph, but not a business card
- A real estate property tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- A residential lease (may not be used as proof of residence if elector submits registration form by mail)
- A picture ID from a university, college or technical college coupled with a fee receipt
- A utility bill for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before the day registration is made
- (Homeless voters only) A letter from an organization that provides services to the homeless that identities the voter and describes the location designated as the person's residence for voting purposes
- A bank statement
- A paycheck
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government
An elector may register in person at Village Hall, 500 West Main Street, Waunakee up until 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before an election with proof of residence.