This new feature will allow contractors and homeowners to submit for new permits online any time day or night. This portal is for electronic submission of your building permit application and related documents. Prior to submitting, gather the following as needed for your specific permit:
- Parcel number
- Contractor and Sub-contractor info including license # and expiration date
- Electronic (PDF) copy of the following (if applicable for your type of project):
- These additional documents will be uploaded at the end of the online process. Please label them appropriately with the title of the form.
Follow these steps for electronic submission of your building permit application:
- Click on this link to start your application: Online Building Permit Application
- Upload plans and other required documentation as part of this process
- Once you have started the permit application you will receive an email with a link in case you need to pause and return to complete the process later.
- Once you have finished filling out the form the "Submit" button will be highlighted. If there is any missing information on your form, this button will be greyed out.
- You will then receive another email confirming that it has been submitted for review.
Once your application is submitted, the following will happen:
- Inspector will review and request more information or accept for further processing
- Once accepted, Inspector will complete detailed review, follow-up with remaining questions with the goal of approving
- Once approved, you will be notified, with an email from our office that, your permit is ready and the payment amount owed
As a reminder, no work should begin until you have an approved permit card. Please direct any questions to email@example.com .
If you have any questions about this new capability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take the opportunity to read all of the information enclosed under each application below. These forms will need to be uploaded as part of the online permitting process as noted above.
- Building Permit Packet (New House) - This packet of information walks you through the process for building a new home in Waunakee. All permits must be accompanied by an electronic PDF or JPG set of plans.
- Application for Electrical Service (PDF) - Please visit https://www.waunakeeutilities.com for more information and instructions on how to apply for temporary electrical service. Applications and payment should be delivered directly to the Waunakee Utilities office at 322 Moravian Valley Road.
- Grading Permit Form (PDF) - This form is required as part of new construction for residential houses. It can also be found in the Building Permit Packet (New House)
- Erosion Control Permit (PDF) - This form is required for a commercial project which affects an area of 4,000 square feet or more; see Sec. 109-22 for requirements.
- Plan of Operation Permit (PDF) - This permit is required for any business operating within the village. This includes any new business or relocation of a business within the village.
- Public Records Request - If you would like to request a copy of your house plans, you will need to read and fill out this form (Please Note: The Village does not have copies of plans built prior to 2000).
- Sign Permit (PDF) - Any new or replacement signage must meet village codes and requires a permit. You will need to use the online permitting process and upload the completed sign permit pdf as an attachment. Please choose "Commercial Addition/Alteration" as the permit type.
- Waunakee Zoning Permit (PDF) - A zoning permit will need to be completed and uploaded as part of the online permitting process. A zoning permit is required for:
- new structure
- new use of land
- change in the use of land
- an existing structure when it is:
- converted, or
- structurally altered
- Westport Zoning Permit (PDF)- This form is for Westport residents applying for a building permit with the Town. You will need to submit this application to the Village of Waunakee for approval prior to obtaining your Town Building Permit.