- Your Government
- Administrator's Office
- Art on Main
- Seasons on Main 2023
Seasons on Main 2023
Waunakee’s 9th Annual Public Art Project
The Village of Waunakee, in partnership with the Endres Mfg. Company and the Waunakee Area Chamber of Commerce, is happy to announce the ninth annual Waunakee Public Art Project. Last year’s project, Planters on Main, was successful in continuing to build upon the creative and innovative identity of Waunakee with a new, versatile design format.
This year’s project will aim to highlight the beauty in Waunakee throughout the various seasons Endres Mfg. Company will once again donate time, labor, and materials to provide our artists with steel cutouts of either a Flower, Sun, Pumpkin or Snowflake.
A $300 stipend (provided by Endres Mfg. Company Foundation, Waunakee Area Chamber of Commerce and Village of Waunakee) will be provided to each artist or artist team. Those interested in applying must currently live or work within the school district limits of Waunakee, or be a graduate of the Waunakee Community School District.
All of the finished pieces will be displayed at the Waunakee Area Chamber of Commerce for the summer. For further details and how to apply, see below.
Artists are asked to propose an idea for one of 4 shapes - Flower, Sun, Pumpkin or Snowflake, with a secondary shape chosen as well. For exact shape sizes and specifications, please see the link below. The artist is completely free to determine theme, materials, and general direction of the final product, based on their proposal.
Specifications (Coming Soon)
ALL PIECES MUST BE WEATHER RESISTANT AND COATED OR PROTECTED ON ALL SURFACES TO MAINTAIN DURABILITY. Further details on this requirement will be provided to chosen artists.
Finished pieces will be displayed outside at the Waunakee Area Chamber of Commerce through the summer. A plaque which will include artist information and credits, as well as information for Endres Mfg. Company and the Waunakee Area Chamber of Commerce will be attached to the pieces when they are sold. After the pieces are removed from view, they will be auctioned off to the community at Wauktoberfest 2023. Proceeds will support projects that benefit the community through Create Waunakee and the Endres Foundation.
- Continue to develop a sense of place and artistic identity within Waunakee and surrounding regions
- Build off of the success of previous year’s project and make public art a point of interest for the Village
- Strengthen the relationship between Waunakee businesses and citizens through art and creativity
- Promote the downtown area through commerce, partnerships, and increased foot traffic
- The Artist must live or work within the limits of the Waunakee Community School District, or be a graduate of Waunakee Community High School
- The call is open to professional/amateur/hobby artists and students of all ages
- Artist teams are eligible for the project: however, a team leader must be selected and made clear in the application material
- The stipend must be shared with team members
- Previous public art experience is not necessary; all who are interested are encouraged to apply.
Each artist or team of artists will be given a $300 stipend for use throughout the project. This includes coverage including but not limited to: supplies, transportation, studio overhead, and more. Any expenses exceeding $300 are the responsibility of the artists to cover. Stipends generously provided by Village of Waunakee, Waunakee Area Chamber of Commerce and Endres Manufacturing Company Foundation. Product materials, labor and fabrication of pieces are provided by Endres Manufacturing Company.
Monday, April 3rd: Submissions from Artists Open
Friday, April 28th : Submissions from Artists Due to firstname.lastname@example.org
Week of May 1st - 5th: Selection Committee meets, accepted artists will be notified
Week of May 8th - 12th: Planters and stipends are picked up by artists (Pick-up Location TBD)
Thursday, June 29th: Completed pieces due to the Chamber Office by 2:00 PM
Thursday, June 29th: Kick-Off Party @ Chamber
July 3rd - September 14th - Planters on display at Waunakee Area Chamber of Commerce(100 E Main Street)
Sept. 15th - Sept. 17th - Planters will be on display at Endres Manufacturing Company during WauktoberFest.
Sunday, September 17, 2023 - 3:30 PM - Live Auction @ Wauktoberfest