Reserve a Park Shelter & Park Policies
Park ReservationsAre you planning a family reunion, office picnic, birthday party, or a special event? The shelters located in the Waunakee parks are available to be reserved for your private party. We rent shelters May 1 to September 30, with the exception of Centennial - New, which is available for rent year round.
The first day you are able to reserve a park shelter is January 2 of the year you want to have your event. Rentals can be reserved during our regular business hours. Please stop in at the Village Center, 333 South Madison Street or call us at 608-850-5992. You cannot reserve park shelters online. Please note, you can check availability of a shelter below, but to confirm a date is available it is best to contact the Welcome Desk at 608-850-5992.
The following facilities may be reserved:
- Centennial Park - North Shelter - located by the playground equipment
- Hanover Park Shelter
- Kilkenny Farms Shelter
- Peaceful Valley Shelter
- Ripp Park Shelter - North Shelter and South Shelter
- Savannah Park Shelter
- Tierney Park Shelter
- Village Park Gazebo
- Village Park Shelter
- Westbridge Shelter
Fees vary depending upon the rental date / time and your residency. Wisconsin sales tax will be added to all fees. Cancellations made 30 days prior to your event will incur a 25% administrative fee. No refunds will be given for the cancellation.
Park Shelter Restrooms
Each year, Village park restrooms open for public use on May 1 and close on October 1. Rather than choosing different opening and closing dates year after year, which would result in park users being caught unaware, the Village of Waunakee Park Committee agreed several years ago to pick a standard date, advertise it, and make sure all user groups are informed ahead of time. The only exception to this policy is the Centennial North facility, which remains as it has the ability to be heated.
- Currently, the Village has ten shelters that are opened and closed seasonally.
- Weather in Wisconsin is fickle. Some years it is warm into October, but other years, we could be experiencing hard freezes at night. All of this could change, literally, overnight. Repairs to frozen facilities can (and have) cost hundreds of dollars to repair.
- User groups (i.e. soccer, football, baseball, etc.) have all been provided information on this policy and are encouraged to make alternate arrangements for their teams if they feel it is a priority.